11 REASONS TO DEDICATE THE COLLECTION TO GIGI RIVA
1) Because Gigi Riva played 442 matches on 446 with No. 11 on his shirt.
2) Because Gigi Riva is the champion that all the children would have liked to emulate.
3) Because Gianni Brera renamed him “rumble of thunder” and no nickname was more appropriate and I love it.
4) Because Gigi Riva is the revenge of a ‘childhood made of anguish, poverty, denial and bitterness.
5) Because, thanks to Gigi Riva, Cagliari was said to be the prodigy of a team winning in the scirocco area…. isn’t it beautiful?
6) Because Gigi Riva had a shot that drills through nets, an extraordinary overhead kick, a skillful and dangerous header, and when he kicked diagonally from the left he found the lower corner with his eyes closed.
7) Because even the old women from Orgosolo, shrouded in their dark brown shawls with long and waving fringes who go to church at five in the evening and who know little about football, know Gigi Riva.
8) Because on April 12, 1970 in an interview Gigi Riva said … I like Sardinia. I think it is good for me, especially to my health ….. humidity does not exist here, there is no snow, there is no fog. I think that .. one day for me and for my children .. Sardinia could be the ideal place.
9) Because Gigi Riva used to received 100 love letters a day and the poor postman distressed by his labor problems was to unload all those letters at his hotel in via Sanna Randaccio.
10) Because even if Gigi Riva used to have an island exploding for him every Sunday, even though he was courted by every team, he always had a shadow of melancholy in his eyes, on his lips, in the timbre of his voice.
11) Because Gigi Riva can be summed up in one sentence by Gozzano: I don’t like things that could have been but were not.
And 11+1 reason because in 1970 the “red-blue team” won the championship.
CAGLIARI ITALIAN CHAMPION.
A revenge for an island abused by men and by nature.
A revenge for all those who continue to live on the island and especially for those who had to go away and that from a distance feel even more connected to their land.
Today, frustrations, sufferings and disappointments are cancelled.
A revenge: to be the first and to be the champions of Italy.
Ps: And still, above all, a reason:
Because …….. we still need heroes and Gigi Riva is a hero.
Mon, August 4 2014 » Fashion Blog » No Comments
Iceberg © Copyright 2014
“Rebirth in nature”
A journey deep into Nature. Exploration of the natural universe. Ultimately leading us on a path toward self awareness and self discovery. Introspection and natural essence: two distinct worlds that the Iceberg man always makes his own.
The rigor of the design process keeps apparent disorder in line. That’s the Iceberg way: as in Nature, it’s the secret to attaining perfection, passing through creative chaos.
Soft ergonomic shapes. A fine ‘90s flair, contemporary street style. Natural ease of motion, for the blithest of moods. A palette of earth tones, sky nuances, floral hues: brown, beige, orange, blue. Hints of azure and fuchsia shades.
Prints expressing an oneiric idea of Nature. Macro abstract rose petals offset by flashes of chromatic contrast. Colorful plumes in fanciful formation as a symbol of community belonging. And then tie-dye motifs for a sense of total freedom, pure escape.
A tribute to brand archives: Mickey Mouse in arty avant-garde version. Silk, cotton, cashmere and linen: pure natural fibers. Cotton with a slick techno finish, yet also with all the appeal of a perfectly natural fabric.
Wed, July 9 2014 » Fashion Blog » No Comments
Msgm © Copyright 2014
X(ex) Cruel stories of youth.
Showing the video by Motus* “Je me cherche”. “Je veux dire: le rien, le vide, tout le monde le voit partout… mais moi je résiste, j’essaie, je veux que quelque chose arrive. Abolir le temps mort, être en écoute permanent… assumer le risque de s’exposer à la première personne.”
Alghiero Boetti’s beautiful maps as inspiration. His embroidered tapestries. “The infinite Possibilities of Existence”. “Encounters and Challenges”. His free and inventive use of language.
Teddy Boy Grunge: words with strong connotations of the USA of the fifties and sixties for an eighties silhouette. WONDERLUST, GROOVY, MAMAS BOY. Pineapples and Cactus are borrowed from nature, and are turned into prints, embroidery and knits.
Ferns are borrowed from interior décor and turned into clothing. But everything can co-exist, even in a single piece: ferns are interrupted by flags, and flags are interrupted by black&white optical warning tape.
“Signs and Design”. “Give Time to Time”. “Hungry for Wind”. “Attracting Attention”. “For new Desires”.
The cactus are on canvas and batiste. The ferns are on crisp poplin and wool flannel. The spots are on cotton canvas. The hound’s-tooth on linen.
Multicoloured rugby stripes on sweatshirts. The optical flags are on nylon. The gingham is large on piqué polo shirts, and inserted in knitwear. Polos are the new shirts. Shirts are the new sweatshirt. The cotton tunic the new t-shirt.
Wide trousers with darts and wide off-the-shoulder tops. Box shirts and maxi bermuda boxers. The New Comfortable. Pink, mauve, light blue, turquoise, yellow. And beige, blue, military green and black.
This story only has one tune in the background: “I walk alone” by the Californian indie band YACHT.
“I see immense beauty in the work in the Embroidered Map. I had no part in that work, I made no choices, as the world is as it is and I did not design it, flags are what they are and I did not design them. In short, I did absolutely nothing: when the basic idea, the concept appears, everything else is no longer a choice”. A Boetti
Fri, July 4 2014 » Fashion Blog » No Comments
Calvin Klein Collection © Copyright 2014
Calvin Klein Collection Spring 2015
Italo Zucchelli, Men’s Creative Director
Graphic lines. Bright hues. Bold statements. A sharp palette of summery, high energy brights are grounded with essential neutrals and modernized with layers of transparency. A sporty yet elegant simplicity pervades in updated versions of classic menswear pieces.
Silhouettes. Lightweight and lightly textured cotton tanks and t shirts, rounded and curved, add a soft, cool layer under bright, transparent blousons and jackets. Some layers are purposefully neutral, while others are more richly hued for a more vibrant pop of color. The bomber, lightly quilted in mesh and softly padded, is tailored to hit just above the waist, often with a peek of color or skin. Following last season, pants are slim and lean and offered in cotton tech stretch and bonded wool, always with a turned up cuff. Suiting is refreshed by mixing colors and fabrications for fresh combinations. The double breasted peak lapel tuxedo, modernized yet elegant, with a statement monochromatic or contrasting stripe on the trouser side seam.
Materials. A second skin. A sexy, athletic spirit underpins jackets and tops rendered cool in sleek nylons, luxuriously soft leathers, and modern materials like PVC. Richly textural, lightweight and exotic, eel becomes a highlight when rendered as a baseball jacket or a tank top. Dense cottons and bonded wools contrast with layers of microtexture mesh to create a mix of surfaces in unique combinations. Iconic men’s trunk and boxer brief underwear styles, layered and rendered in light mesh, give a nod to an important heritage of the house.
Colors. Heat. Confident, intensely bright and saturated shades of solar yellow, tangerine, and vermilion red add depth and warmth to a neutral palette of buff, chestnut, char, white and black. Tonal and monochromatic schemes evolve into color blocked tableaus with peeks of vibrant solids, transparent layers or insets. For evening, contrasted colors or PVC stripes give a modern polish to a classic tuxedo pant or lapel. Bold and graphic.
Accessories. Intersecting performance and utility. Sporty high top sneakers, in softest French calf, with monochrome geometric insets and a lightweight desert boot sole. Utilitarian backpacks and small, personal leather goods are rendered in luxe combinations of alligator or French calf with nylon and finished with black matte hardware and finishes in buff or bright hues of vermilion and solar. The updated pilot sunglass with a tonal metal frame and geometric lens.
Wed, July 2 2014 » Fashion Blog » No Comments
Mon, June 30 2014 » Fashion Blog » No Comments